[572 KB, 12 pgs.]
Late Winter 2008 | Vol. 10 | No. 4
GHSA Spotlights State Highway Safety Successes
GHSA is spotlighting state program best practices as part of a new State Highway Safety Showcase section on its website. Featured programs range from an electronic crash reporting system to Spanish language training to rural teen seat belt use promotion.
The goal of the Showcase is to share ideas that can be replicated in other states. Each featured program includes personal contact information for people who want to learn more.
Recent showcases have included:
- Arizona's Spanish Language Training Program
- Colorado's Latino Occupant Protection Program
- Indiana's Electronic Crash Reporting System
- Iowa's 5% Safety Needs Program
- Maryland's DUI Institute
- Minnesota's HEAT Program
- Michigan's Rural Teen Belt 4-H Program
- North Dakota's Safe Communities Program
GHSA encourages states to submit their own successful programs for consideration.
For information about how to nominate a program, visit www.ghsa.org/html/projects/stateshowcase/index.html.