The Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) is seeking a full-time Finance & Operations Coordinator. The Finance & Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing operational support for GHSA's financial and accounting activities and general operational support for the front office. Duties include:
- Provide operational support for finance and accounting related activities including, but not limited to, AMEX reconciliation, report production/reconciliation/analysis, developing documentation for financial processes, receiving/preparing invoices, processing payroll and processing cash receipts. Serve as backup to the Director of Finance & Administration, when required.
- Manage general operational tasks for the office including ordering supplies, mail distribution and greeting visitors.
- Support the administration of GHSA's benefits and HR processes including new hire onboarding and open enrollment.
- Provide basic administrative support for the Director of Finance & Administration and general GHSA constituent support via email and incoming phone calls.
- Serve as a liaison to the technology contractors.
- Collaborate and manage annual and ad hoc projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing timelines, monitoring progress and presenting deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned aligned with the objectives of GHSA.
The successful candidate for this position must have strong administrative skills (e.g., detail orientation, good time management, and overall organization), excellent interpersonal skills (i.e., written and verbal) as well as a strong affinity for technology and systems. Candidates must have the ability to meet deadlines, work independently and collaboratively, coordinate projects and possess a strong work ethic.
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree as well as a minimum of 3+ years of applicable experience. Finance or Accounting degree and/or experience, highly desirable. Experience with One Drive, Microsoft Office, Naylor, Bill.com, Intacct, Workforce ADP/Payroll are desirable.
GHSA represents the state and territorial highway safety offices that implement programs to address behavioral and highway safety issues, including occupant protection, impaired driving and speeding. GHSA provides leadership and advocacy for the states and territories to improve traffic safety, influence national policy, enhance program management and promote best practices. GHSA is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. For more information about the Governors Highway Safety Association, see www.ghsa.org. GHSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Marggie Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org.