The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) seeks a Data Analyst at our offices located in Ruckersville, Virginia, 12 miles north of the city of Charlottesville.
HLDI uses SQL Server as our data environment and operates a server farm with more than 50 terabytes of storage space. We analyze the insurance records of over 200 million vehicles to quantify the benefits of lifesaving and cost-reducing technologies and to explain how insurance costs vary from vehicle to vehicle. The Data Analyst will be part of a diverse team having a variety of skills and backgrounds.
- Perform statistical evaluations of incoming and outgoing datasets
- Create automated assessment tools that monitor data quality and system performance
- Create data analytics tools to monitor federal databases for vehicle recalls and vehicle complaints
- Provide support to the data production team in all aspects of data acquisition, processing and quality control
- Design and write programs to extract and analyze large datasets for HLDI member companies and for our research analysts and statisticians
- Proficiency in data mining, data analytics and developing data quality control tools using statistical or other programming languages and technologies such as SQL/T-SQL, Python, R, C++ or .Net (ASP.net, VB.net, C#)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field and coursework relevant to data analytics, data management, data science and/or programming experience in support of business functions
- Ability to multitask and document work
- Team player who can adapt to changes in requirements and priorities
- Self-starter who is highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate and quality check large datasets
- An interest in highway safety and automobiles
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.